Our 5 week courses are journeys of exploration for your kids to stimulate their creativity, critical thinking, confidence, and most importantly, a chance for them to discover themselves. Our courses are suited to students age 7-13 years old, of all abilities. No previous knowledge or practice is required and all children will be supported and challenged at their own level of experience.
By joining our young budding creative thinkers, your kids will grow within a community, create unforgettable memories, and create a masterpiece they will be truly proud to show in the end of course exhibition. Along with one-on-one expert art teacher instruction, your child will gain new perspectives and will feel like a true artist!
- 21st January – 3rd March
- 2 weeks break for half term on 11th February & 18th February.
- 10 hours of classes with all equipment provided;
- Guidance from artists with +10 years of teaching experience;
- Your own portfolio book to keep your paintings in;
- An exhibition during the 5th week;
- Your completion certificate.
- Snacks and Drinks will be provided during the course.
- Age Range – Ages 7-13 (exception only for 6 year olds if they’re almost turning 7).
- If you sign your child up with another friend, both will avail an additional 5% on the painting course tickets.
- If your child is unable to attend a lesson, there will be no refund; however we will cover up for the same with a 30 min 1 on 1 catch-up class the following week, 30 mins prior to the lesson.
Sibling discount: 5% – KLASIBLINGS
Refer a friend discount: 5%
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Kidz Love Art Painting Courses are facilitated by a qualified artist with +10 years of teaching experience and delivered over 2-hour painting workshops for a period of 5 consecutive weeks. All art materials are provided. We will provide water and fruit juice, and the kids are invited to bring along their own snacks if they wish so to enjoy a social break throughout the 2-hour workshop.
- Children learn about colour, art themes and explore a variety of painting techniques based on famous artists and genres of art. Every week the course focuses on new interesting and engaging topics as the child grows on their journey of creating their own unique masterpiece.
- At the end of each 2-hour workshop, your child will leave with another piece of artwork to add to their personal portfolio which showcases their personal artistic style in response to the weekly theme.
- As a parent you can confidently leave your kids under our supervision and trust that their happiness and safety is our top priority as they focus on their journey of artistic exploration and lose themselves in creativity, away from their phones and devices.
In our 5 week painting courses, your kids will explore, learn and build confidence with colour theories, application of colour, composition and layout skills along with further development of their technical skills and vocabulary.
At Kidz Love Art, we believe that every child deserves to set free their inner artist; every ‘smudged’ line or stroke can easily become part of a tremendous masterpiece that helps your child to develop from within.
Suitable and accessible for all artistic levels, including beginners. Appropriate support and challenge will ensure all children’s needs are met in the lessons.
Week 1 – ‘One-point Perspective Pumpkins’
In this lesson we will delve into different techniques to create perspective in our drawings and look at how great artists use these in landscape art. The children will then put these skills into action by painting a one-point perspective landscape of a seasonal pumpkin patch. We will also begin to explore our colour theory knowledge and learn about complementary colours and how they can impact our artwork. As well as practicing mixing tints and tones to create form and make our pumpkins appear 3D.
Week 2 – ‘Funky Fall Textured Trees’
In this lesson we will develop our colour theory knowledge further by exploring mixing colours, warm and cool colours and as harmonious colour families, to create a mood for our artwork. We will practice different painting techniques and paintbrush methods to create texture and movement in our paintings. The children will then put these skills into action to create their own textured tree artwork, inspired by fall, to add to their Art Portfolio.
Week 3 & 4 – ‘My Happy Place’
During these 2 weeks, children will create their final masterpiece on canvas by choosing a place/ landscape that is special and important to them, and representing it in their own artistic way, based on our learning throughout this course. They will first focus on sketching the composition of their masterpiece, being introduced to the grid drawing method and considering perspective, size and proportion. They will then apply their advanced colour theory knowledge to create an image in their own unique style. Collage and mixed media may also be added to create texture.
Week 5 – Finishing off & Art Showcase
We will take this opportunity to add any finishing touches to the paintings created over this course. Families will then be invited to join us from 3:30pm-4pm for a group Exhibition of our young artists’ masterpieces. It’s a real celebration where they feel a great sense of achievement and showcase their final masterpiece to parents!