In our 6 week painting courses, your kids will explore, learn and build confidence with color theories, application of the color, composition, and layout skills along with further development of their technical skills and vocabulary.
With Kidz Love Art, we believe that a child does not have to be born ‘artistic’, and every ‘smudged’ brush stroke can be easily fixed or even better become a unique masterpiece- ultimately a terrific opportunity to learn. Surrounded by budding young artists and learning new painting techniques, your children will have an experience that leaves them with everlasting bonds and memories.
- Week 1: ‘Dive Into Colour’ inspired by Abstract Art. We will dive deeper into colour theory and
tertiary colours, practicing mixing new colours and learning how colour can represent or create
different moods and emotions in a painting. The children will then use this knowledge to express
their mood through their colour palette and Abstract painting.
- Week 2: ‘Colour Buddies’ inspired by great still life artists. We will explore our colour theory
knowledge further and learn about complementary colours and how they can impact our artwork.
We will focus on scale and compostion to create a still life painting, inspired by great still life artists
who also focus on colour for impact.
- Week 3: ‘What a View!’ inspired by great landscape artists. In this lesson we will delve into different
methods to create perspective and look at how great artists use these in the landscape art. The
children will then put these skills into action by painting their favourite landscape view!
- Weeks 4 and 5: ‘My Style’ inspired by all of our current learning. During these 2 weeks, children will
create their final masterpiece on canvas and will choose which subject they would like to focus on,
based on our learning throughout the course. They will first focus on sketching the composition of
their masterpiece, being introduced to the grid drawing method and considering perspective, size
and proportion. They will then apply their advanced colour theory knowledge to create an image in
their own unique style. Collage mixed media may also be added to create texture.
- Week 6: Group Exhibition of young artists’ masterpieces. It’s a real celebration where they feel a
great sense of achievement and showcase their final masterpiece to parents!